Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Band

Today The guys and I got to hook up for lunch with our manager Mike. Mike's great, he helps keep us thinking ahead and stuff. The guys are fantastic, we are getting to rehearse a bit tomorrow and just hang some. After about 5 months of heavy touring we have had a breather, and this fall is looking kind of light for us; some dates here and there.

I'm sitting here in Starbucks on West End just recording some thoughts and stuff. Kevin Max (used to be in DC Talk) just walked in with his wife and family. ...thought that was cool...

Anyway, while driving today I heard Dave Ramsey suggest to a lady to get away for a day, get a hotel room, take a Bible and some legal pads and refocus. I've heard our co-pastor Chad talk about the verse "Be still and know that I am God..." He says the writer was saying to "cease striving" when saying "be still." Sometimes we just have to quit for a bit and refocus.

No comments: